Our client is a family owned and operated business that has been delivering New Zealand farmers with quality woolsheds, covered yards, and farm and industrial buildings specializing in Hot Dip galvanized products.
You will be responsible for the manufacturing and assembly of residential and industrial products while utilizing your welding skills for steel and/or aluminum.
- At least 30 hours per week
- $20.00/ hour
- Immediate Start
Areas of Responsibility
- Studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- Selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
- Cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- Shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
- Aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
- Joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
- Examining welds for width of bead, penetration and precision
- Finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions
- Cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiseling and grinding
- Perform welding duties using a wire welder.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Work with fitters or fitters/welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Operate hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Are you ready to get to work? Got what it takes? APPLY NOW!