Our client is a family owned and operated business that has been delivering New Zealand farmers with quality woolsheds, covered yards, and farm and industrial buildings specializing in Hot Dip galvanized products.
As the Workshop Engineer you will be responsible for the manufacturing and assembly of residential and industrial products while utilizing your sound engineering and welding skills for steel and/or aluminum.
- At least 30 hours per week
- $20.00/ hour
- Work with the leader in farming and animal management solutions
Areas of Responsibility
- Assembles and installs new or modified mechanical assemblies, components, machine tools, controls and hydraulic power systems under the direction of mechanical engineers, engineering technologists and engineering associates
- Performs workshop and field tests using standard instruments and methods
- Assists in developing quality control tests for products and components
- Perform welding duties using a wire welder.
- Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Work with fitters or fitters/welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Operate hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Are you ready to get to work? Click APPLY NOW!