Distribution Centre Manager
At least 5 years' experience in a comparative role with a 10,000 Sq M warehouse dealing with all aspects of a FMCG warehousing, the ideal person will have hands-on experience with modern warehouse management systems (WMS) linked to an enterprise management system (ERP).
With strong leadership and organisational skills, the appointee should have experience in commissioning new systems and processes into a warehouse. Some exposure to RF scanning would be advantageous, together with the experience and enthusiasm to advance. It will also be important to have an in depth understanding of Supply chain logistics and warehouse business practices in a DIFOTA environment along with capital and recurrent budgeting experience.
A focused attitude is essential, along with a strong customer focus. The ability to motivate and manage the team, as well as to communicate and work well with people across the business is required.
This job is composed of two parts;
The first is a contracted position as DCM for a six-month duration in which you'll be expected to attend after hours meeting in which to observe and define the process and initiate improvements on top of the Monday to Friday job role.
At the end of this six-month period the contract could grow into a permanent position as DCM within the company, should you agree and the client offer.
Successful applicants should be able to demonstrate the following tasks while observing and implementing new systems to improve upon existing processes;
- Reviews incoming and outgoing shipment processes
- Monitors warehouse workers and associated activities; directs assistance to those with concerns or problems on the work floor
- Ensures that products delivered are stored in an organized manner, so that its quality is maintained, and accessibility is achieved
- Creates a layout plan that streamlines the storage and retrieval of goods
- Implements worker safety and health regulations
- Plans projects and sets objectives for the employees to meet KPIs and Budgets
- Responds to orders efficiently so that products are delivered in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinates with store managers or customers regarding discrepancies and errors in the supply chain process
- Addresses logistical problems and furnishes solutions to these issues
- Meets with other managers including suppliers and customers to confer about products, shipping times, and distribution issues, among many other concerns
- Improves business by opening new contracts and enhancing systems
- Creates new supply strategies
If you are passionate about logistics and want to lead a highly productive team with an excellent company, then APPLY NOW.
Please list all relevant Qualifications & Licences obtained, such as Forklift endorsements, Health & Safety, First Aid, etc.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.